The successor to the popular Nokia 6 is expected to be called, Nokia 6 2018. This phone is rumoured to be launched early next year and will have the same name as the current Nokia 6, but will have updated hardware and specifications. Nokia 6 2018 (TA-1054) passed through TENAA certification in China and this specific model is expected to be announced soon — more appropriately at MWC 2018. After the pictures of Nokia 6 2018, we now also have an almost complete list of technical specs of the phone.
Nokia 6 2018 seems to carry over the same design as its predecessor with mostly under-the-hood changes. It will feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 4GB RAM, Android 7.1.1 and a single camera at the back.
Nokia 6 2018 (TA-1054) Specifications
Here is the list of Nokia 6 2018 technical specifications at TENAA website:
- Network: 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz, 800 MHz, 2 GHz, Band 38, Band 39, Band 40, Band 41 (2500-2690 MHZ), Band 1, Band 3, 1.9 GHz, I, II / V / VIII
- Dimensions / Weight: 148.8 × 75.8 × 8.15 (mm) / 172g
- Display: 1920 × 1080 resolution, 5.5 inches, TFT, capacitance
- Storage: 32GB or 64GB variants
- Processor: Qualcomm 4 * 2.2 GHz + 4 * 1.9 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- MicroSD Slot: Up to 128GB
- Camera: 16 megapixels rear, 8 megapixels front + 1080p video recording
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
- Colours: White, Black, Blue
This would be a very decent upgrade over the current Nokia 6 we know of. And just to add, this is the Chinese variant of Nokia 6 2018, TA-1054 model. There may be a chance the global version of this phone have slightly different technical specs.
2018 is going to be an exciting year for HMD Global and Nokia in general. We already have reports of a major flagship phone coming out next year as Nokia 10, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor.